Benefits of an Account
ACCOUNTABILITY AND STABILITY
Our staff provides a consistent level of accountability and expertise to each school and its donors. Our financial statements are maintained according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and are audited each year by an independent CPA firm. Also, our support continues regardless of a school or organization’s staff or volunteer turnover.
NON-PROFIT STATUS FOR TAX-DEDUCTIBLE DONATIONS
Gifts made through the Alliance qualify for tax-deductibility based on the Alliance’s status as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, so your school or organization does not need to obtain its own non-profit status.
MANY GIVING OPTIONS FOR YOUR DONORS
We can accommodate many types of contributions:
- Cash contributions, including checks, money orders, wire transfers, and credit cards;
- Non-cash contributions such as stock gifts and pledges;
- On-line donations via our secure website;
- Online donations through Paypal and Paypal Here, including some mobile applications;
- Manual credit card machines and charge slip supplies for use at fundraising events;
- Donations to your group through Seattle Foundation’s annual GiveBIG campaign;
- Pledges, installment payments, and recurring gifts;
- Life-income gifts, including certain types of annuities, charitable trusts, and bequests;
- In-kind donations such as school materials, equipment, and services.
EFFICIENT AND SECURE GIFT HANDLING
We provide donor support services to ensure safe and efficient gift processing that you and your donors will appreciate. Services include:
- Maintaining and tracking each donor and his or her gift in our database;
- Sending acknowledgements to thank donors and providing tax receipts when applicable;
- Sending pledge reminder notices to donors making recurring or installment gifts;
- Processing matching gift applications;
- Monthly reporting on donations, pledge payments and status of pledges.
TIMELY AND ACCURATE ACCOUNTING AND PAYABLES PROCESSING
- Weekly payment of invoices and reimbursements as requested by account advisors.
- Compliance with Washington and IRS regulations and reporting, including use tax collection and 1099 reporting.
- Monthly financial reports on account activities and status